I'm trying to switch java libhttpd to the Eclipse Java platform. I've worked with it before, without problems. Now a few years later Eclipse has improved and seems to run smoother!
There seems no reason to stick with JBuilder. Except the company I work for is using JBuilder.
And there another small problem, in JBuilder I had a build.num, which incremented with every compiler, which is a very nice feature.
Well the first impression is Nice, Eclipse warned me about some things in my code. I did some quick cleanup and placed it back into subversion.
I've decided to use Mantis Bugtracker as the bugtracking tool for libhttpd. This is the tool I already was using before placing it on sourceforge. And I've got pretty good experience with it.
There's one problem, I would like to make others post bug reports directly into Mantis. The problem is that Mantis doesn't have a Captcha plugin for submitting bug reports.
For the time being It's not allowed to sent bugreports directly without registering.
You can find the bugtracker (currently empty) at http://bugs.gamecreatures.com/
I don't like the issue tracker that's available at sourceforge. Some problems it has:
- Very short Title. Much to short for a descent description.
- Deleting categories isn't possible.
- Very limiting in descriptions etc.
- I'm missing the features mantis has..
I need to setup a bugtracking system for libhttpd myself
Since today the Java HTTP Library has been released to sourceforge. (Finally).
You can find the project page at: http://sourceforge.net/projects/java-libhttpd
This means the new subversion repositry is accessible by everbody. The URL For the SVN respositry is:
I've changes some things
- Removed my E-mail address. (hopefully from every source file).
- Changed the License type to Apache 2.0 (Needed to change every source file)
There are some things that still needs to be done:
- Fixup a good website
- Move some private bugtracker items to the sourceforge bugtracker.
Pheeew. Much more work then I suspected...
Now to bed. It's midnight....
Today I requested some space at sourceforge for hosting my java libhttpd project. I would like to increase it's user base and allow people to access the complete repositry without the need for me to open my own PC.
The request is pending. I'll keep you informed!
Today I've got an e-mail from a user that liked to add a custom mimetype to the HttpServer. Well eeuh, that wasn't directly possible, I had to fix this. I've made a patched version for him, you can download it here: libhttpd 20070720
You can add a custom mimetype the following way:
MimeTypeDetector.addMimeType( ".xsl", "text/xml" );
Word of warning this patched version also contains Ruby on Rails like routing support, if you start to use it you'll get spoiled ;-)
I will explain it's usage in a future post.
The next official release will be done at sourceforge. Well I hope, they first need to approve my project request..